Recently, I was talking to a friend who had started following a low-carb diet. She was looking for a substitute for mashed potatoes and had tried making cauliflower mash. However, hers kept turning out runny and tasteless. Oh dear!
That’s why I had to write this post. I love cauliflower mash, and I’ve figured out a recipe that always tastes almost exactly like delicious mashed potatoes. Promise.
If you’ve had trouble making cauliflower mash or are looking for a mashed potatoes substitute, I think you’re going to love this low-carb and creamy cauliflower mash recipe. It works wonderfully as a side dish for your holiday table (though really it’s a tasty addition to any meal). It also makes a fantastic topping for super low-carb cottage pie!
When you’re following a special diet, it’s best to either host the party or bring a few dishes when visiting friends and family so that you won’t go hungry. Cauliflower mash can be enjoyed by everyone at the holiday table.
And did you know that cauliflower is considered a superfood? It’s rich in nutrients, vitamins (especially Vitamin C), minerals, and antioxidants. It’s said to help prevent cancer and boost heart health and brain health. More here.
Here’s my easy no-fail way to make cauliflower mash taste just like mashed potatoes.
First, steam your cauliflower florets until tender, about 10 minutes.
Then purée the cauliflower in your food processor, adding half-and-half, butter, salt, and pepper. If you want your cauliflower more creamy, add a little more half-and-half.
And that’s it. Creamy low-carb mashed cauliflower. Enjoy!
I hope you have a festive holiday season, spending time with loved ones and creating many happy memories that you’ll treasure for years to come.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- dash of pepper
- ¼ cup of half and half
- Steam cauliflower florets until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Then drain and place in the bowl of your food processor fitted with the large chopping blade.
- Add half and half, butter, salt and a dash of pepper. Process until fluffy and enjoy.
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash - December 5, 2017
- Gift Picks For Your Favorite Health Nut - December 2, 2017
- 12 Nutritious Soups and Side Dishes To Grace Your Holiday Table - November 15, 2017
- One-Pan Chicken Alfredo - November 4, 2017
- 7 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes That Are Incredibly Flavorful - October 1, 2017