Indeed, my family loves meatballs. Normally, I use an extra pound of meat. They go fast.
These scrumptious meatballs made with ground lamb are a special treat. Serve them with my gluten free mushroom gravy and a touch of cinnamon.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
- 1 tablespoon butter (to sauté the shallots)
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 4 shallots, minced
- ½ cup Shar’s bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Sauté shallots in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender. Then combine shallots with lamb, bread crumbs, parsley, egg, lemon, and seasonings. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Roll lamb into meatballs and brown in batches in butter and olive oil. Drain on a paper towel.
- Drain the butter from the pan. Prepare my Gluten Free Mushroom Gravy in the same pan. Add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and stir.
- Return meatballs to the pan. Simmer about 10 minutes until the lamb is barely pink inside.
- 6 Low-Carb Lunches You Can Bring To Work - June 23, 2017
- 9 Whole 30 Recipes That Aren’t Chicken Or Fish - June 10, 2017
- Pan-Seared Scallops With Beurre Blanc Sauce - May 27, 2017
- Healthy Bacon and Potato Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette - May 11, 2017
- Quick Pan Seared Pork Chops + ButcherBox Review - April 10, 2017