Traditionally, clafoutis is a cherry dessert from the Limousin region of southern France. I prepared mine with coconut milk because we prefer to limit lactose. I also used natural Stevia to limit sugar. Hence, my gluten free clafoutis is delicious as a breakfast treat or guilt-free dessert.
First I needed to remove the stems and pits from these bright red cherries so I recruited my sons. They were happy to help.
Michael: “So, why exactly are we doing this?”
Mom: “I’m going to bake a treat with these cherries.”
Michael: “Oh, will I be able to have some?”
Mom: “Yes, It’s gluten free clafoutis.”
Michael: #Big Smile
The quick and easy recipe is in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
If you make this recipe, share your snap on Instagram and tag #glutenfreehomestead. I always love seeing your photos.
Love this recipe? Pin it!
- Preheat oven to 375℉
- Remove stems and pit the cherries by making a small slit in each cherry with a small sharp knife. Then, using the tip of the knife, remove the pit over a dish so any juice will drip into the dish and not stain your clothing.
- Place the first 6 ingredients in your Vitamix or blender and secure lid. (for
vitamix: select variable 1. Turn the machine on and slowly increase speed to variable 10, then to high).
- Blend for 2 minutes.
- In a 9- inch heavy ovenproof skillet or pie dish, melt the butter over medium heat coating the bottom and sides. Add the pitted cherries, and cook until the cherries have softened and are coated with butter, about 2 minutes.
- Pour batter over cherries.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Doneness test: Insert a knife into the center. When it comes out clean, your
gluten freeclafoutis is ready to eat. Serve warm sprinkled with a little powderedsugar on top.
- Steak Roll-Ups Recipe + Xtrema Ceramic Cookware Review - January 4, 2018
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash - December 5, 2017
- Gift Picks For Your Favorite Health Nut - December 2, 2017
- 12 Nutritious Soups and Side Dishes To Grace Your Holiday Table - November 15, 2017
- One-Pan Chicken Alfredo - November 4, 2017