I prepare my one-of-a-kind gluten free spinach pie with three delicious cheeses, unlike the traditional Greek Spanakopita which is made with phyllo pastry and feta cheese.
I used to order this scrumptious pie from a little local restaurant many, many, many years ago. Fortunately, my friend had gotten the recipe for us from the chef. And boy I’m glad she did because it’s AMAZING and the restaurant is no longer there.
So I kept my recipe all these years that was scribbled on a piece of scrap paper. Sometimes I think that the recipes that are scribbled on scrap paper are the best ones. Don’t you?
Once you taste this you will want to serve it at luncheons, pot lucks, or bring it as a housewarming gift. In fact, gluten-free spinach pie has been a special custom in our home for New Year’s Eve celebrations. It’s just exceptional.
For the crust, I choose Kinnikinnick pie crust. As it says on the package: gluten free never tasted so good.
I’d love to hear how you like this spinach pie. Let me know in the comments below. Have a happy and healthy week, friends! 💕
P.S. If you make it, share your snap on Instagram and tag #glutenfreehomestead. I always love seeing your photos.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
- 2 (10 oounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 12 slices muenster cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
tablespoonsgrated parmesan cheese
- 1 gluten free pie crust
- Thaw spinach. Squeeze dry and drain.
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Soften cream cheese in a skillet over a low flame. Add drained spinach to softened cream cheese keeping over a very low heat. Add garlic,
- Cover the bottom of the pie shell with 6 slices of muenster cheese. Fill pie shell with spinach mixture. Finally, cover with another layer of 6 slices of muenster cheese.
- Bake at 350℉ for 25-30 minutes.
- How to make Mini Spinach Pies With Cauliflower Crusts - August 11, 2017
- One-Pan Chicken And Peppers - August 7, 2017
- Super Low Carb Cottage Pie With Cauliflower Mash - July 29, 2017
- 6 Low-Carb Lunches You Can Bring To Work - June 23, 2017
- 9 Whole 30 Recipes That Aren’t Chicken Or Fish - June 10, 2017