According to Celiac Central, nutrient deficiencies related to celiac disease, both pre- and post-diagnosis, may have an impact on cognitive function.
Here are 3 ways to keep your mind sharp
- Regular exercise, especially cardiovascular activity, pumps more oxygen-rich blood with nutrients to the brain and fuels brain cells.
- Learn something new, and it will give you a sense of accomplishment and stimulate your brain.
- Feed yourself on brain foods like fish, berries, avocados, nuts and seeds, spinach, and just a few ounces of dark chocolate.
Today’s smoothie recipe is loaded with super foods like blueberries, raspberries, almonds and I’ve added Ginkgold which is specifically for mental sharpness.
- 12 organic blueberries
- 12 organic raspberries
- 1 frozen organic banana
- 12 raw almonds
- 1 organic gala apple
- 1 tablet (120 mg.) Ginkgold Max (product is gluten free)
- 1 cup water
- 3 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid. Set the Vitamix to pre-programmed Smoothie setting and start the machine. It will automatically shut off once the cycle is complete.
I’d love to hear your favorite ways to maintain a healthy brain. Do you play Sudoko, take naps or simply engage in stimulating conversation? Please add your thoughts in the comments section below.
- Bursting With Flavor: 50 Low-Carb And Gluten-Free Recipes Designed To Delight Your Tastebuds - January 25, 2018
- Steak Roll-Ups Recipe + Xtrema Ceramic Cookware Review - January 4, 2018
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash - December 5, 2017
- Gift Picks For Your Favorite Health Nut - December 2, 2017
- 12 Nutritious Soups and Side Dishes To Grace Your Holiday Table - November 15, 2017