I found wonderfully meaty ribs in the meat department of my local health food store. They’re from a family farm and much meatier than some ribs I’ve gotten in the past. Being a butcher’s daughter, I appreciate quality meat.
Before the last fifteen minutes of barbecuing on your outdoor grill or cooking in your oven, brush the ribs with gluten-free barbecue sauce. Not all barbecue sauces are gluten-free. Here are three of our favorites: Bone Suckin’ Sauce and Stubb’s are both not only gluten-free but also they don’t contain high fructose corn syrup. You may prefer Jack Daniel’s BBQ Sauce Original #7.
If you’re new to a gluten-free diet and you want to determine if a product contains gluten, check labels for gluten-free ingredients. Avoid flour, enriched flour, cereal, malt, stabilizers (gluten can be used as a stabilizer), semolina, durum, and certainly if the label says: contains wheat you’ll want to stay away. If you’re not sure, you may call the telephone number on the label. I’ve done this countless times, right from the grocery store. I’ve found manufacturers most willing to give a quick answer as to whether their product is gluten-free.
I hope you enjoy these dry rubbed ribs. Have a wonderful week.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- ½ cup gluten free barbecue sauce
- 2 sides spare ribs (2.5- 3 lbs. each)
- Combine salt,
pepperand thyme in a small bowl. Rub the mixture over both sides of each of the ribs. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Place ribs bone side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn over and bake for another 45 minutes.
- Spread gluten free barbecue sauce over the meat and finish barbecuing on your outdoor grill for the last 15 minutes.
- Let meat sit for 10 minutes before slicing between the bones.
- How to make Mini Spinach Pies With Cauliflower Crusts - August 11, 2017
- One-Pan Chicken And Peppers - August 7, 2017
- Super Low Carb Cottage Pie With Cauliflower Mash - July 29, 2017
- 6 Low-Carb Lunches You Can Bring To Work - June 23, 2017
- 9 Whole 30 Recipes That Aren’t Chicken Or Fish - June 10, 2017