A frittata is an Italian style omelette that is perfect for brunch, luncheon, and even dinner. But why would you wait for a special occasion? We enjoy fabulous gluten free frittatas for breakfast several times a week.
I cook all the ingredients in a cast-iron skillet that can be transferred to the oven and broiled. Try this recipe or let your imagination take over and create your own combination.
tablespoonsextra virgin olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup cream or milk
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces thin sliced
- Heat oil in the skillet over a medium flame. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes.
Meanwhilepreheat the broiler. Whisk the eggs, garlic, salt, pepper, milk, and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Then pour into skillet and stir to distribute the onions evenly and add the ham evenly over the top. Cover and cook until the egg is almost set, about 2 minutes. Then uncover and place the skillet under the broiler until the top is set and golden brown and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
Do you have a favorite frittata? Please leave your comments and thoughts below.
- 7 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes That Are Incredibly Flavorful - October 1, 2017
- Recipe Book App Updates! - August 22, 2017
- How to make Mini Spinach Pies With Cauliflower Crusts - August 11, 2017
- One-Pan Chicken And Peppers - August 7, 2017
- Super Low Carb Cottage Pie With Cauliflower Mash - July 29, 2017