I was chatting with my daughter today about activities our family enjoys together. Our favorite foods are always a part of the memorable gatherings.
We have many fond memories of watching old movies and eating our favorite sandwiches, playing board games while enjoying warm brownies, inviting family and friends to scrumptious holiday feasts, and (my daughter’s all-time favorite): New Year’s Eve celebrations with one-of-a-kind spinach pie (oh, that sounds like a new recipe post idea).
We remembered the challenge we faced when three family members were found to have non-celiac gluten sensitivity. One of the hardest parts about discovering that you have Celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, or any kind of food allergy is that craving for the meals you used to enjoy but now can no longer eat.
How were we going to find ways to adapt our favorite meals using gluten-free ingredients?
We soon discovered that it was possible to update our favorite meals, and they were just as delicious as ever.
Discuss: What meal have you adapted for food allergies?
We want to hear from you! Do you, a loved one, or a friend suffer from a food allergy? In the comments section, share with us your favorite dish and how you’ve adapted it for loved ones with food allergies so they could enjoy it too.
- Bursting With Flavor: 50 Low-Carb And Gluten-Free Recipes Designed To Delight Your Tastebuds - January 25, 2018
- Steak Roll-Ups Recipe + Xtrema Ceramic Cookware Review - January 4, 2018
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash - December 5, 2017
- Gift Picks For Your Favorite Health Nut - December 2, 2017
- 12 Nutritious Soups and Side Dishes To Grace Your Holiday Table - November 15, 2017