The Panini sandwich is becoming popular all over the world these days. Originating in Italy, the panino is Italian for “small bread roll.” Fortunately they can be made with your favorite filling and gluten free bread!
Try this recipe for gluten free panini sandwich or let your imagination take over and create your own combination with meat, chicken, vegetable and cheese. You may want to spread with pesto sauce, dijon mustard or mayonnaise before grilling.
- 2 slices of gluten free bread (Udi's White Sandwich Bread works best)
- sliced mozzarella cheese
- sliced tomato
- Brush with extra virgin olive oil.
- Stuff and press between the hot plates of your panini grill. If you don't have a panini grill, try making the sandwich on top of the stove with a frying pan or skillet. I recommend a grill pan since you'll be able to replicate those distinctive grill marks. Remember to flip the panini and cook both sides, pressing down with a spatula. Eat hot off the grill.
Please share your ideas for the perfect panini!
- Sunchokes Are the Healthy Vegetable You’re Probably Not Eating - March 23, 2017
- Skinny Low Carb Taco Bowls - March 5, 2017
- Baby Bok Choy With Sweet and Tangy Sauce - February 18, 2017
- Salisbury Steak With Homemade Gravy - February 8, 2017
- Amazing Slow Cooker Pot Roast You’ve Got To Try - January 27, 2017