Gluten Free Sloppy Joe
Author: The Gluten Free Homestead
- 1 tblsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef (we like grass fed beef)
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tblsp. garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 1 g Stevia
- salt, to taste
- 15 oz. can Muir Glen tomato sauce
- 1 tblsp. Bragg's Apple Cider vinegar
- 1 tblsp. gluten free Worcestershire sauce (I use Lee & Perrins)
- Butter for each toasted roll
- Sauté peppers and onions in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Brown beef in the same pan. Then add tomato sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, Stevia and salt.
- Stir peppers and onions back in with the beef and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve on toasted buttered gluten-free rolls.
Recipe by Gluten Free Homestead at http://www.glutenfreehomestead.com/2014/01/review-against-the-grain-rolls/