Nothing says good morning quite like a breakfast of eggs and bacon. On Saturdays, John cooks up the strips of bacon in a skillet while Nicole and I prepare the eggs. We’re a big family and everyone has their favorite. Some of us like our eggs sunny side up, others hard-boiled, but we all agree that they’re delicious scrambled up soft and fluffy.
For Easter weekend, I wanted to make an extra special breakfast so I decided to put a new spin on bacon and scrambled eggs with these delicious little egg cups stuffed with broccoli and wrapped in strips of bacon. They make a fun, tasty meal at home or for breakfast on-the-go.
To make these egg cups, you will need a muffin tin. Make sure to butter each muffin cup well so that the egg and bacon do not stick. I partially cooked the bacon beforehand in a skillet as the bacon will take longer to cook than the egg. I then wrapped each muffin cup with one strip of bacon before pouring in the raw whisked egg.
These egg cups are a creative way to make use of leftovers. The night before I had made broccoli sautéed in garlic and oil. I added a few pieces of broccoli to each egg cup along with freshly grated aged parmesan cheese.
I love how these egg cups are perfect for a big family. Since you’re making them in a muffin tin, you can tailor each one to each person’s taste, adding in whatever ingredients you’d like and seasoning with your favorite herbs. For those of you who like poached eggs, you can crack an egg over each bacon wrapped muffin cup, season with salt and pepper, and bake for about 15 minutes until the egg whites are just set. Any way you make them, they’re sure to be a hit. Just bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, watch them puff up beautifully, and breakfast is ready!
This recipe is a must-try if you love scrambled eggs and bacon as much as we do. Sprinkle in your favorite vegetables for a healthy treat. Enjoy, friends! Happy Easter!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 dozen organic eggs
- 12 slices of no nitrite bacon
- ¼ lb. broccoli florets roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375℉
- Steam broccoli for 4 minutes. Then heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet. Add garlic and saute until golden. Add broccoli and toss. Sprinkle with a little salt. Set aside.
- Partially cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Drain on a plate with paper towels.
- Butter each muffin cup. Wrap the inside of each muffin cup with one strip of bacon.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper and add scrambled eggs mixture to each cup filling up about half way. Divide and add broccoli to each cup and top with grated parmesan cheese. and then bake 15 - 20 minutes. Run a small knife around cups to loosen them, transfer to plates and serve with sweet organic berries.
I brought bacon and egg cups to Foodie FriDIY, Savoring Saturdays , Gluten Free Wednesdays and Gluten Free Fridays.
- Sunchokes Are the Healthy Vegetable You’re Probably Not Eating - March 23, 2017
- Skinny Low Carb Taco Bowls - March 5, 2017
- Baby Bok Choy With Sweet and Tangy Sauce - February 18, 2017
- Salisbury Steak With Homemade Gravy - February 8, 2017
- Amazing Slow Cooker Pot Roast You’ve Got To Try - January 27, 2017