Two weeks ago, we shared our recipe for baked zucchini sticks here on the blog. We promised to share another quick and easy zucchini treat, and here it is: crispy Baked Zucchini Chips.
My husband, John, had been craving the tasty pub food he used to be able to enjoy before he switched to a gluten-free diet. Now fried mozzarella sticks and fried zucchini sticks are off-limits. So we decided to come up with two gluten-free, paleo friendly recipes. To our delight, they were even better than the pub food we remember and much healthier too. Everyone in the family enjoyed them. In fact, these zucchini chips were a particular favorite of the kids (no leftover vegetables that night!). I can definitely see these being a hit at our upcoming Super Bowl party.
These are so quick and effortless to make. Just slice up two medium-sized zucchini and toss the slices in a bowl with oil. In another bowl, combine grated Parmesan cheese, gluten-free Panko breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. Dredge both sides of the zucchini slices in the mixture, and then arrange them on a baking sheet. Pop in the oven for fifteen minutes. Then broil for four to five minutes until they are golden brown and crispy.
Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables. It’s very low in calories and is a wonderful source of potassium and Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Manganese (an essential mineral). With gluten free Ranch dressing as a dipping sauce (we like Annie’s Cowgirl Ranch), these delicious baked zucchini chips are a no-guilt, incredibly healthy snack with just the right amount of Panko crunch and cheesy parmesan.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup gluten free Panko bread crumbs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Butter for greasing pan
- Preheat the oven to 425℉. Grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with oil. Combine Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Dredge each round into the Parmesan mixture, on both sides until well coated. Place on the greased baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. Then broil until golden, about 4-5 minutes Remove with spatula and serve.
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash - December 5, 2017
- Gift Picks For Your Favorite Health Nut - December 2, 2017
- 12 Nutritious Soups and Side Dishes To Grace Your Holiday Table - November 15, 2017
- One-Pan Chicken Alfredo - November 4, 2017
- 7 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes That Are Incredibly Flavorful - October 1, 2017