My husband is not a big fish eater, but he does have a few favorite fish dishes and gluten free sole meunière is one of them. I’m glad because fish is so good for you and I’m always looking to add more seafood dishes.
The French word “meunière” means “miller’s wife” and refers to the way the fish is dredged in flour before cooking. Hence those with a gluten sensitivity cannot order this classic dish when dining out. By swapping the flour for gluten free all purpose flour, you can prepare this simple rustic dish at home.
Make sure to serve with your favorite vegetables.
Here’s the recipe for this delicious and elegant dish that you can have ready in just fifteen minutes: Gluten Free Sole Meunière.
- ½ cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sole fillets (3-4 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 tablespoons + ¼ cup juice of fresh lemons
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Rinse and pat the sole fillets dry with paper towels and sprinkle one side with salt.
- Combine gf flour, 2 teaspoons of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge sole fillets in the seasoned flour.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of butter in a large (12-inch) skillet over medium heat until it starts to brown. Add 2 floured fillets and cook until golden on bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully turn fish over and cook until opaque in center and golden on bottom, about 2 more minutes. While the second side cooks, add 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to the pan.
- Carefully transfer fish fillets to a plate and pour sauce from the skillet over the fish. Sprinkle with parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Keep warm while you repeat steps 3 and 4 with the remaining 2 floured fillets.
- For extra sauce, add ¼ cup of lemon juice to the skillet, stir, scraping up the little bits. Serve sauce on the side.
- How to make Mini Spinach Pies With Cauliflower Crusts - August 11, 2017
- One-Pan Chicken And Peppers - August 7, 2017
- Super Low Carb Cottage Pie With Cauliflower Mash - July 29, 2017
- 6 Low-Carb Lunches You Can Bring To Work - June 23, 2017
- 9 Whole 30 Recipes That Aren’t Chicken Or Fish - June 10, 2017