For those of us who often don’t have enough time to bake our own bread, finding the best tasting gluten free brand is a bit of an adventure. There are so many different kinds of bread to choose from. But we do have a few favorites here at the Homestead, and one of them is undoubtedly the delicious gluten free roll made by Against the Grain.
We love the Against the Grain rolls because the bread is the perfect consistency, light and airy, without any back taste. The rolls never become soggy once spread with mayonnaise or butter, and they don’t fall apart. They’re our go-to bread when we’re craving one of our favorite sandwiches.
The rolls are made with tapioca starch, milk, mozzarella cheese, eggs, non-GMO canola oil, and salt. Against the Grain assures, “Everything we use is simple, fresh, and recognizable as a bona fide food substance….We obtain our ingredients and raw materials from as many local sources as possible.” Find out more at their website.
The Against the Grain rolls must be kept frozen until you are ready to make your sandwich. Once defrosted, they are ready for you to eat or you can toast them for a warmer, crunchier taste.
I’ve put together several quick and easy recipes that you can try with these amazing gluten free Against the Grain rolls. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does.
Savory and Simple Sandwiches
Simple Recipe for Sloppy Joe:
- 1 tblsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef (we like grass fed beef)
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tblsp. garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 1 g Stevia
- salt, to taste
- 15 oz. can Muir Glen tomato sauce
- 1 tblsp. Bragg's Apple Cider vinegar
- 1 tblsp. gluten free Worcestershire sauce (I use Lee & Perrins)
- Butter for each toasted roll
- Sauté peppers and onions in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Brown beef in the same pan. Then add tomato sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, Stevia and salt.
- Stir peppers and onions back in with the beef and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve on toasted buttered gluten-free rolls.
Simple Recipe for Philly Cheesesteak:
- 1 tblsp. olive oil
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 tblsp garlic, minced
- ¼ lb. Boar's Head Roast Beef, sliced thin
- cheese (provolone, american or cheddar. It's up to you)
- Saute peppers and onions in olive oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Brown Roast Beef for about 1-2 minutes in the same pan and then add the vegetables back into the pan.
- Stir and top with cheese to melt.
- Prepare sauce to spread on each roll by mixing together 1 tblsp. of mayonnaise and 1 tblsp. of ketchup for each roll.
Simple Recipe for Turkey and Swiss Sandwich:
- ¼ lb. Boar's Head Oven Gold turkey, we prefer thin sliced
- Swiss cheese
- garlic powder
- Spread both sides of each toasted roll with butter. Then sprinkle with garlic.
- Layer turkey, cheese, lettuce and tomato.
I did not receive any compensation for writing this post. All opinions of the Against the Grain Rolls are completely my own.
- 6 Low-Carb Lunches You Can Bring To Work - June 23, 2017
- 9 Whole 30 Recipes That Aren’t Chicken Or Fish - June 10, 2017
- Pan-Seared Scallops With Beurre Blanc Sauce - May 27, 2017
- Healthy Bacon and Potato Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette - May 11, 2017
- Quick Pan Seared Pork Chops + ButcherBox Review - April 10, 2017