If you need to whip up a quick and easy dessert for your Christmas feast, this delicious gluten free chocolate cream pie is the perfect addition to your menu. It takes only ten minutes to prepare and then sets in the refrigerator while you finish enjoying your holiday dinner. Absolutely no cooking required.
This pie used to be a staple at every one of our holiday meals. When my family adopted a gluten free diet, I searched high and low for a substitute for the signature graham style crust. Last week my search finally came to an end when I found MI-Del’s gluten free graham style pie crust at the grocery store. I couldn’t wait to get home and make this chocolate cream pie. We haven’t had this pie in over ten years, and my kids couldn’t wait to taste it. The crust was crunchy and held together well without needing to be baked in the oven. It is the perfect contrast to the layers of chocolate pudding and whipped topping.
Follow my easy recipe below for chocolate cream pie. You can use Cool Whip, but I like truwhip because it is 70% organic and does not contain any high fructose corn syrup. You can also often find organic chocolate pudding at a local health food store.
- 1 MI-DEL Gluten Free Graham Style pie crust
- 2 cups organic milk
- 2 boxes Jell-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1 10oz. frozen truwhip whipped topping, divided
- Combine the milk and pudding mix in a large bowl.
- Spoon 1½ cups of the mixture into the crust.
- Stir 5 oz. of truwhip into the remaining pudding mixture.
- Then, spoon on top of pudding in the crust.
- Finally, top with the remaining truwhip.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- How to make Mini Spinach Pies With Cauliflower Crusts - August 11, 2017
- One-Pan Chicken And Peppers - August 7, 2017
- Super Low Carb Cottage Pie With Cauliflower Mash - July 29, 2017
- 6 Low-Carb Lunches You Can Bring To Work - June 23, 2017
- 9 Whole 30 Recipes That Aren’t Chicken Or Fish - June 10, 2017