Tetrazzini is an American dish named after Italian opera star, Luisa Tetrazzini. Gluten free turkey tetrazzini is a great way to use up turkey leftovers. The combination of spaghetti and delicious butter cream sauce is certain to receive a standing ovation.
Ready to make gluten free turkey tetrazzini? Here we go.
Before you begin preheat your oven to 400°F and butter a three-quart casserole dish.
Start by cooking your mushrooms in a large skillet to give the mushrooms plenty of room so that they can brown. Add butter to the skillet and cook your mushrooms, tossing them with a wooden spoon until they’re brown (about 5 minutes). Then set them aside.
Now in a large, heavy saucepan, melt a quarter of a cup of butter. Stir in the flour, and cook the mixture over low heat, whisking constantly for one minute. Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in broth until smooth. Then whisk in some milk and heat on a medium flame, whisking constantly, simmering for one minute. Then stir in a little sherry and simmer for one more minute.
Turn off the flame and season with lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mmm. Doesn’t that sound yummy?
Finally, add cooked spaghetti, turkey, and mushrooms to the sauce and toss.
Now transfer the entire mixture to the buttered casserole dish.
Now for the delicious bread crumb topping. Combine parmesan and bread crumbs in a small bowl and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the tetrazzini and dot the top with a tablespoon of butter, cut into small pieces.
Pop it in the oven until the sauce is bubbly and the top is golden.
And, voila! It’s ready to serve, warm from the oven. Make this tonight. You’re going to love it.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
- 12 ounces gluten free spaghettii, cook according to package directions
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup + 2½ tblsp. butter
- ½ cup Bob's Red Mill gluten free all-purpose flour
- 2 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 2½ cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of sherry
- 3 cups leftover turkey, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 drops of lemon juice
- 3 pinches of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup parmesan
- ⅓ cup gluten free panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Cook the mushrooms in 1½ Tblsp. of the butter over medium heat, stirring, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, melt ¼ cup of butter. Stir in the flour, and cook the mixture over low heat, whisking constantly for one minute. Remove from the heat.
- Slowly whisk in the broth until smooth.
- Then whisk in the milk and heat on a medium flame, whisking constantly, simmering for one minute. Then stir in the sherry and simmer for one more minute.
- Remove from the heat. Season with lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Add the spaghetti, turkey, and mushrooms to the sauce and toss.
- Transfer the entire mixture to the buttered casserole.
- In a small bowl combine parmesan and bread crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the tetrazzini, and dot the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, cut into small pieces.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven until the sauce is bubbly and the top is golden, about 40 minutes.
- Bursting With Flavor: 50 Low-Carb And Gluten-Free Recipes Designed To Delight Your Tastebuds - January 25, 2018
- Steak Roll-Ups Recipe + Xtrema Ceramic Cookware Review - January 4, 2018
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash - December 5, 2017
- Gift Picks For Your Favorite Health Nut - December 2, 2017
- 12 Nutritious Soups and Side Dishes To Grace Your Holiday Table - November 15, 2017