Here’s my easy traditional chicken noodle soup recipe made from a whole chicken. It simmers on the stove all day, filling the house with its healing aroma. I think organic chicken has an even sweeter scent. The gluten free noodles are from Schar and they mimic real egg noodles. Delicious.
Love this recipe? Pin it!
- 8 cups water
- 1 whole organic chicken including the neck
- 2 stalks of celery, cut up
- 2 carrots, cut up
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 box Schar
Taglieatelle, cooked according to package directions
- Add chicken to a dutch oven and cover with water. Add celery, carrots, onion and whole cloves and bring to a boil. Skim off any fat that rises to the top. Reduce heat, cover and simmer all day.
- About an hour before you are ready to serve, remove the chicken from the pot. Discard the skin and neck. Then carefully separate the meat from the bones and discard the bones. Cut up the meat into
bite sizepieces and return it to the pot. Add garlic, parsleyand thyme. Simmer until you are ready to serve.
- Spoon desired amount of noodles into individual bowls and ladle chicken soup over noodles.
- 6 Low-Carb Lunches You Can Bring To Work - June 23, 2017
- 9 Whole 30 Recipes That Aren’t Chicken Or Fish - June 10, 2017
- Pan-Seared Scallops With Beurre Blanc Sauce - May 27, 2017
- Healthy Bacon and Potato Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette - May 11, 2017
- Quick Pan Seared Pork Chops + ButcherBox Review - April 10, 2017