I knew this evening was a fine evening for chicken and rice soup because the weather is raw outside and some in my family are starting to sniffle. There was not enough time to prepare my traditional whole chicken soup that would have needed hours to simmer.
So today I’m sharing my quick chicken soup recipe. Let it simmer on the back burner while preparing your main dish. A steaming bowl of chicken and rice soup will be a welcome appetizer to your dinner and it’ll be ready in about one hour.
Chop, chop, chop. Adding a little of this and a teaspoon of that makes this simplified version of homemade chicken soup satisfying, indeed. Cook your chicken right in the broth to release healing goodness. Chicken and rice soup is delicious and nutritious and naturally gluten free.
Have a happy and healthy week.
- 2 quarts gluten free chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound of chicken thighs
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Combine all the ingredients in a Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 45 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Lift chicken out with a slotted spoon and cut up into bite size pieces. Return chicken to the pot. Remove bay leaf. Skim off any fat that rises to the top.
- Spoon desired amount of rice into individual bowls and ladle chicken soup over rice
- 12 Nutritious Soups and Side Dishes To Grace Your Holiday Table - November 15, 2017
- One-Pan Chicken Alfredo - November 4, 2017
- 7 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes That Are Incredibly Flavorful - October 1, 2017
- Recipe Book App Updates! - August 22, 2017
- How to make Mini Spinach Pies With Cauliflower Crusts - August 11, 2017