If you want your husband to take you out to dinner, don’t cook up his favorite restaurant dish at home. Just kidding.
One of our favorite local restaurants makes an extraordinary side dish of brussels sprouts with bacon. I savored each flavor and ingredient and decided to try and copy it in my kitchen.
Fancy bacon as much as I do? Go ahead and cook the whole package. I like Applegate Sunday bacon because it doesn’t contain any nitrites or chemical preservatives.
You’re going to love this vegetable side.
The next time we went to the restaurant, I noticed that my husband didn’t order their brussels sprouts. “Why should I order theirs, when I can get it at home.” Sweet.
Here’s how we make them.
First, trim off the outer leaves of the brussels sprouts and cut off the knobby ends. Then cut each brussels sprout in half. Boil the brussels sprouts in 1 inch of water for 4 minutes. Then set them aside.
Now cut your bacon into bite-size pieces and cook over a medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside. Next, melt your butter in the same pan. (For a dairy-free option, you can substitute extra-virgin olive oil) Add garlic and brussels sprouts cut side down and brown about 2 minutes. Then toss with garlic and sprinkle with salt. Finally, return bacon to the pan and toss to combine.
I hope you enjoy this dish. Have a happy and healthy week.
Love this recipe? Pin it!
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts
- 8-ounce package of Applegate Sunday bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter *see note for dairy-free option
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- Trim off the outer leaves of the brussels sprouts and cut off the knobby ends. Then cut each brussels sprout in half.
- Boil brussels sprouts in 1 inch of water for 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut bacon into
bite sizepieces and cook over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Melt butter in the same pan. Add garlic and brussels sprouts cut side down and brown about 2 minutes.
- Then toss with garlic and sprinkle with salt.
- Finally, return bacon to the pan and toss to combine.
- Bursting With Flavor: 50 Low-Carb And Gluten-Free Recipes Designed To Delight Your Tastebuds - January 25, 2018
- Steak Roll-Ups Recipe + Xtrema Ceramic Cookware Review - January 4, 2018
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash - December 5, 2017
- Gift Picks For Your Favorite Health Nut - December 2, 2017
- 12 Nutritious Soups and Side Dishes To Grace Your Holiday Table - November 15, 2017