A few months ago, I wrote about Italian red gravy that my friend’s grandmother would make. When I asked how she prepared her wonderful meatballs, she listed the ingredients as a handful of this and a handful of that. Here’s my gluten free version of her recipe. Gluten free traditional meatballs. É squisito!
P.S. If you make this recipe, share your snap on Instagram and tag #glutenfreehomestead. I always love seeing your photos.
Want to save this gluten free traditional meatballs recipe? Pin it!
Here’s the printable recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 egg
- a handful of parmesan cheese (about 1 tblsp.)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- some parsley (about 1 tsp.)
- a handful of gluten free Shar’s bread crumbs (about ¼ cup)
- some salt
- oil for frying
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Roll into meatballs.
- Fry meatballs in oil and brown them well on all sides over medium-low heat, turning carefully about 10 minutes.
- Then simmer meatballs in gluten free Italian red gravy.
- Serve over your favorite gluten free spaghetti.
- 7 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes That Are Incredibly Flavorful - October 1, 2017
- Recipe Book App Updates! - August 22, 2017
- How to make Mini Spinach Pies With Cauliflower Crusts - August 11, 2017
- One-Pan Chicken And Peppers - August 7, 2017
- Super Low Carb Cottage Pie With Cauliflower Mash - July 29, 2017