A few months ago, I wrote about Italian red gravy that my friend’s grandmother would make. When I asked how she prepared her wonderful meatballs, she listed the ingredients as a handful of this and a handful of that. Here’s my gluten free version of her recipe. Gluten free traditional meatballs. É squisito!
P.S. If you make this recipe, share your snap on Instagram and tag #glutenfreehomestead. I always love seeing your photos.
Want to save this gluten free traditional meatballs recipe? Pin it!
Here’s the printable recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 egg
- a handful of parmesan cheese (about 1 tblsp.)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- some parsley (about 1 tsp.)
- a handful of gluten free Shar’s bread crumbs (about ¼ cup)
- some salt
- oil for frying
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Roll into meatballs.
- Fry meatballs in oil and brown them well on all sides over medium-low heat, turning carefully about 10 minutes.
- Then simmer meatballs in gluten free Italian red gravy.
- Serve over your favorite gluten free spaghetti.
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash - December 5, 2017
- Gift Picks For Your Favorite Health Nut - December 2, 2017
- 12 Nutritious Soups and Side Dishes To Grace Your Holiday Table - November 15, 2017
- One-Pan Chicken Alfredo - November 4, 2017
- 7 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes That Are Incredibly Flavorful - October 1, 2017