Indeed, my family loves meatballs. Normally, I use an extra pound of meat. They go fast.
These scrumptious meatballs made with ground lamb are a special treat. Serve them with my gluten free mushroom gravy and a touch of cinnamon.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it!
- 1 tablespoon butter (to sauté the shallots)
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 4 shallots, minced
- ½ cup Shar’s bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Sauté shallots in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender. Then combine shallots with lamb, bread crumbs, parsley, egg, lemon, and seasonings. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Roll lamb into meatballs and brown in batches in butter and olive oil. Drain on a paper towel.
- Drain the butter from the pan. Prepare my Gluten Free Mushroom Gravy in the same pan. Add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and stir.
- Return meatballs to the pan. Simmer about 10 minutes until the lamb is barely pink inside.
- Steak Roll-Ups Recipe + Xtrema Ceramic Cookware Review - January 4, 2018
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash - December 5, 2017
- Gift Picks For Your Favorite Health Nut - December 2, 2017
- 12 Nutritious Soups and Side Dishes To Grace Your Holiday Table - November 15, 2017
- One-Pan Chicken Alfredo - November 4, 2017