I’m happy to share with you a soup recipe that is a big hit in our home. Everyone can enjoy it because it’s gluten free. If you’re dairy free, skip the cheese; it’s optional. I use my Vitamix; it’s a super high-powered blender and makes preparation fast and easy.
- 2 onions, 1 chopped and 1 will be blended in Vitamix
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- ⅛ tsp tumeric
- ¼ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 4½ cups water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Place ½ cup water and onion into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour onion mixture into a large pot. Add 4 cups of water, chopped onion, chopped broccoli, sliced carrots, chopped celery and all the wonderful seasonings and bring to a boil. Then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Next, remove 2 cups of the soup and carefully place into the Vitamix container and secure lid. Set the Vitamix to pre-programmed Hot Soup setting and start the machine. It will automatically shut off once the cycle is complete.
- Pour blended soup back into pot (add optional: cheddar cheese) and stir. Simmer for 10 minutes more.
Tell us what you think. Please leave your comments and thoughts below.
More about Vitamix:
It’s so quick and easy to chop, cream, blend, heat, or churn in one machine and it’s a snap to clean. You can order Vitamix at the Vitamix store online and get FREE standard shipping with this exclusive coupon code: 06-008595.
- How to make Mini Spinach Pies With Cauliflower Crusts - August 11, 2017
- One-Pan Chicken And Peppers - August 7, 2017
- Super Low Carb Cottage Pie With Cauliflower Mash - July 29, 2017
- 6 Low-Carb Lunches You Can Bring To Work - June 23, 2017
- 9 Whole 30 Recipes That Aren’t Chicken Or Fish - June 10, 2017