Chicken Francese is an incredible, lemon flavored poultry dish, which can be found at many restaurants. Francese means “in the French manner”. Now you can prepare it with gluten free ingredients at home with the same lemony sauce. It is so simple, too!
Love this recipe? Pin it!
- For Chicken
- 1 pound chicken scallopine slices
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- For Sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Orgran
gluten freegravy mix
- Juice of 1 large lemon (1/4 cup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare Chicken
- Rinse and pat dry chicken.
- Whisk together egg,
pamesancheese, parsley, salt, and pepper until frothy and thick.
- Spread flour on a plate. Coat the chicken with the flour and shake off the excess.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip the floured chicken into the egg batter and place in the hot pan. Cook in batches, being careful not to crowd the pan.
- Cook until nicely browned about 2 minutes on each side. Repeat, adding more oil and butter as needed, until all the chicken slices are cooked. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Prepare Sauce
- Saute garlic in butter in the same large skillet.
Orgrangravy mix in cold water; then add to skillet.
- Add lemon juice, as well. Continuously stir over medium-high heat to thicken gravy about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan and cook for 1 minute to blend. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges. Serve immediately with your favorite gluten free pasta.
Have you adapted a favorite restaurant dish for food allergies? Please share in the comments box below.
- How to make Mini Spinach Pies With Cauliflower Crusts - August 11, 2017
- One-Pan Chicken And Peppers - August 7, 2017
- Super Low Carb Cottage Pie With Cauliflower Mash - July 29, 2017
- 6 Low-Carb Lunches You Can Bring To Work - June 23, 2017
- 9 Whole 30 Recipes That Aren’t Chicken Or Fish - June 10, 2017